The latest release of our Foobar Notification Plugin for WordPress was put live on CodeCanyon about an hour ago. Here is a list of all the changes made. There are quite a few!
- (obviously) Updated to use the new jquery.foobar script (also v1.8).
- Option to Disable Foobar - Under Foobar settings, there is a new setting to disable Foobar completely on the site. This was made so you don’t need to disable the plugin if you want to quickly remove all Foobars.
- Disable Enhanced Admin UI - Under Foobar settings, there is a new tab ‘Admin UI’ where you can disable the enhanced UI controls, like color pickers and numeric sliders.
- Disable Scrolling Text - Added a new option to disable scrolling text for long messages (for those who hate marquees).
- Ignore Admin bar - Added a new option to ignore the Admin bar and always place the foobar at the very top.
- Random Messages - Added an option to show messages randomly.
- Z-index Increased - the CSS Z-index of the foobar was increased to accommodate other elements that stood above it.
- 4 More Social Icons - 2 Google+, 1 DeviantArt and 1 About.me icons added.
- Fixed issues when disabling borders did not actually disable them.
- Fixed issues when unsetting default Foobar was not working.
- Fixed issues where certain values were not being set for the Foobar.
- Fixed issue with extra long messages being but off.
- Fixed issue when setting the close button to ‘hidden’ was not hiding it.
- Fixed issue with Twitter feeds in IE. The twitter functionality now uses Google’s feed API (exactly like the RSS feeds work). This overcomes a security issue in IE.
- Fixed issue with color’s not being prefixed with # and causing the Foobar to seem transparent.