Current version 0.5.3
Downloaded 51569 times!
View this page on WordPress.org
Add awesome looking embedded HTML representations of actual tweets in your blog posts just by adding simple shortcodes. Please read the blog post at http://themergency.com/twitter-blackbrid-pie-wordpress-plugin-03/ for more info and see a demo of the plugin in action at http://themergency.com/twitter-blackbird-pie-wordpress-plugin-demo/.
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashafatcat/4533486919/
The plugin has the following features:
- Supports Twitter Web Intents http://dev.twitter.com/pages/intents
- TinyMCE editor button to easily search and embed a tweet
- Support for the built-in embeds API (oEmbed), so a tweet URL on it’s own line will be converted to a “pie”
- Supports non-english tweets & names!
- Now tweets looks pretty in RSS readers!
- Exact same look and feel as the respective Twitter profile.
- Allows for multiple “pies” in a single post.
- Stores the generated HTML in a custom field (if possible), so the Twitter API is only called the first time.
- The Custom fields used to store the tweet are hidden
- Slightly better styling than the original Blackbird Pie
- Better use of the Twitter profile background image and color and tiling.
- Uses the Twitter profile text color.
- Uses the Twitter profile link color.
- Dates are displayed like on Twitter i.e. “real time” datetime of when the tweet was tweeted. (see changelog)
- Auto-linking of URLs, hashtags, usernames within the tweet text.
- Use either the id or full URL of the tweet.
Latest version: Download Twitter Blackbird Pie v0.5.3 [zip]
- Upload the plugin folder ‘twitter-blackbird-pie’ to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Insert shortcodes into your pages or posts e.g. [blackbirdpie id=”13794126295″] or [blackbirdpie url=”http://twitter.com/themergency/status/13968912427″]
Q. How do I use this plugin?
A. You insert shortcodes into your blog posts or pages, e.g. [blackbirdpie id=”13794126295″] or [blackbirdpie url=”http://twitter.com/themergency/status/13968912427″]
- Fixed bug where the URL shortcode was not working
- Removed donate button from popup in tinyMCE editor
- Removed code causing massive database queries
- removed limitation of regisitering the shortcode only on the frontend, so it works with admin-ajax.php calls
- Adds a twitter field in the user profile page so each user can capture their twitter username. This username is then used as the ‘related’ user for web intents.
- Included fix to allow for PHP 4 (replaced private variable declarations with var)
- included a json_decode override so the default is used on PHP 5 and falls back to function if PHP 4
- made some changes to the output tweet HTML and fixed up some CSS styling issues
- Included support for Twitter Web Intents
- bug fix : checks for mb_strlen and uses alternative if mb_str is not installed in php
- bug fix : JS error due to w3 Total cache minification of HTML (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-twitter-blackbird-pie-not-working)
- bug fix : Time stamp was ‘frozen’
- Fixed JS bug in the search popup – no results were ever shown
- Twitters tweetproxy (http://media.twitter.com/tweetproxy/) was nuked so had to change the API calls
- PLEASE UPGRADE!
- Fixed tweets in RSS feeds!!! They now look great!
- create a custom filter that you can now use to override the HTML of the embedded tweet ‘bbp_create_tweet’
- only the data that is used to display the tweet is saved, not the whole json response from the twitter API
- most styles moved to be inline. Hopefully this will solve the RSS fee issues
- tweet and user links now point to the new hashbang (#!) urls
- extensive code cleanup with some help from #plugindevbook
- refactored the tweet output HTML completely!
- Fixed bug in tinyMCE button search where the wrong tweet ID was being inserted
- Added support to allow for HTTPS tweet URLs
- made a change to overcome a parse error some users had. The error details were “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected in blackbird-pie.php on line 15″
- added support for NewTwitter URL formats
- renamed Autolink.php to autolink.php (lowercase) to overcome some issues
- fixed a plugin conflict issue with the Services_JSON class
- added class=’bbpBox’ to the generated div for a tweet, so you can modify some styling
- PLEASE UPGRADE!
0.3.1 – 0.3.2
- removed some embarresing print_r and echo statements used during testing
- Added a button into the tinyMCE editor to easily embed a tweet
- Added support for oEmbed, so embed your tweets just by pasting the tweet URL on it’s own line. Read more here : http://www.viper007bond.com/2009/10/13/easy-embeds-for-wordpress-2-point-9/
- Changed the custom fields to be hidden (they are prefixed with an underscore)
- Fixed some bugs
- Fixed a bug with non english usernames showing as numbers
- Fixed a bug where the tweet was blank when it included quotes (“)
- Removed some debugging echos (DOH!!!)
- Forcing new version
- Fixed bug with non english characters showing as numbers in the tweet text
- Fixed bug introduced in ver 0.2.1 where Twitter API was being called on every request
- Fixed bug introduced in ver 0.2 where the time was not updating (e.g. “1 hour ago” was being saved into the custom field
- Fixed JSON encoding bug
- Removed dependency on Jquery TimeAgo plugin and using a php function instead
- Updated the CSS incl. adding a few “!important” rules to make sure the theme CSS does not override it.
- Fixed bug for profile background image tile not working.
- Fixed bug for the date or the tweet. It now takes into account the timezone.
- Initial Relase. First version.